1. Who are you, in a few lines?
My name is Justine, I am a scientific researcher; I am very passionate about researching house prices; I also love to use my writing to provide more insights for many people.
2. A perfect day starts with? And ends with?
My perfect day starts with reading 'positive meditation quotations'; ends with 'listening to a 10 minutes' positive psychology book'.
3. Your latest book is "Information linkages among National, NSW, VIC, and QLD Real Estate Markets in Australia". What is the message you want to convey to the readers?
The message I like to deliver to readers is that under scientifically proof, house prices performances in NSW, VIC, QLD are closely linked through the information dissemination process; rational expectation analysis is essential before making key decisions, setting policies.
4. What are the top 3 main ideas discussed in your book?
-information linkages across 3 housing markets are revealed in the correlations of their volatilities.
-information linkages across 3 housing markets are revealed in the correlations of their house price returns.
-volatilities of these 3 housing markets reflect house price patterns of the most important four real estate economic cycles over the last two decades in Australia.
5. What is the state of global housing markets today?
Each country has different characteristics of housing markets with various policies set by governments, digital channels will be integral to the process of global housing markets.
6. What impact do housing markets have on economic and financial stability?
Property contributes largely to Australia's wealth. Wealth directly impacts Australia's circular flow of the economy. A steady housing market, minimal risk of house price bubbles contributes to steady economic growth.
7. How has COVID-19 impacted the local market?
In Australia, we are experiencing another boom, despite the COVID - 19.
8. Should we lower the listing price to sell my home faster?
Depending on different situations, local markets' demands and supplies are good indicators when making this call.
9. What next? Do you plan to write another book?
I am writing impacts of commodity prices on three pillar industries (mining, IT, and construction) in Australia, taking into consideration of the current mining boom, post-COVID digital economy, and latest housing boom.